Catching You Up...
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas too! Sierra keeps asking me why Christmas can’t be every day. I keep thanking God that it only comes once a year! We did celebrate Thanksgiving with the traditional turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce too. We invited our friend, Tracy, and her son, Arlo. (The third member of their family, Andy, works in the oil industry, and he was on an oil rig off the coast of Nigeria, so he couldn’t be present.)
We had a quiet Christmas here. It was lovely, barring the stomach flu on my part. My case was much more mild than others’. I’m glad for that – for my sake, not theirs! Earlier in the month, Sierra shined in her class Christmas presentation.

She really enjoyed being on stage, so much so that we would like to sign her up for drama classes. On Christmas morning at our church’s Christmas Day service, the children got to take their favorite new gift to show the congregation. Sierra wasn’t asked to speak and she was really disappointed about that.
The kids got two flurries of wonderful gifts, one on Christmas Day and another a week later when the package from my family arrived at long last.


Sierra also got to celebrate her birthday on Christmas Day in the afternoon. Her friend, Liz, came over with her parents to sing Happy Birthday to Sierra and to share a piece of cake.


Sierra is going to have her official birthday party with the long-list of guests at the half mark in June. It will be princess party, of course, and we are going to begin planning early. It should be a gala affair! Speaking of birthdays, Steve just celebrated his 34th birthday on Tuesday (the 16th). I took him out to dinner; it was the first time we had gone out just the two of us since we moved here. It was really nice!
After Christmas, the stores have some excellent sales that we took advantage of. Sierra had a fashion show when returned home. As you can see, she and her brother are looking very Gap, or very Next, to be more accurate!



Sierra is back at school. Her spring semester has just begun which is strange because the worst of winter has not hit yet, from what I understand. Sierra started the semester four days late after battling a fierce ear-infection. It’s been a long time since she had one of those. Chicken pox are making the rounds at school now, but our kids have been vaccinated, so I just want to taunt the virus, ‘Nannee-nannee-boo-boo, you can’t catch us!’ I guess I shouldn’t tempt fate; I may not have complete immunity to it myself!
Speaking of weather, it has been surprisingly mild here in my opinion. We haven’t had our first snow yet, and I think we’ve seen the sun every day. (Praise God!) We heard that February and March are usually the coldest, wettest months, but, hey, at least the days are getting longer. If my math is reliable, then daylight should last two hours longer from one month to the next until summer solstice in June when I understand the sun officially sets at 9:00pm and rises at 3:00am with light visible in the sky until 10:30pm and then again after 1:30am. Ah, now that is something to look forward to!
As for me, I’m still studying Scottish history. I’m making very slow progress in that department. I just joined a book club. And on Wednesday next I get to introduce a competitive swimming squad to synchronized swimming. I can’t wait to get on the deck! These are really good swimmers, so I hope I can challenge them with some new skills. I don’t want the session to come off being too easy; the swimmers probably already think of synchronized swimming as a fluff sport (and I’m sure many of you do too! Steve still insists that I use quotation marks when referring to it as a "sport"!) Oh, and Sierra is back in the pool taking swimming lessons every Monday. She is very excited about them, so I am glad for that.
Guess that’s it for today! For those you with snow, yes, even those of you in Texas, here are some pictures to inspire your creativity. Get on those gloves and hats and go play in the snow! ☺ Have a happy day!

We had a quiet Christmas here. It was lovely, barring the stomach flu on my part. My case was much more mild than others’. I’m glad for that – for my sake, not theirs! Earlier in the month, Sierra shined in her class Christmas presentation.

She really enjoyed being on stage, so much so that we would like to sign her up for drama classes. On Christmas morning at our church’s Christmas Day service, the children got to take their favorite new gift to show the congregation. Sierra wasn’t asked to speak and she was really disappointed about that.
The kids got two flurries of wonderful gifts, one on Christmas Day and another a week later when the package from my family arrived at long last.


Sierra also got to celebrate her birthday on Christmas Day in the afternoon. Her friend, Liz, came over with her parents to sing Happy Birthday to Sierra and to share a piece of cake.


Sierra is going to have her official birthday party with the long-list of guests at the half mark in June. It will be princess party, of course, and we are going to begin planning early. It should be a gala affair! Speaking of birthdays, Steve just celebrated his 34th birthday on Tuesday (the 16th). I took him out to dinner; it was the first time we had gone out just the two of us since we moved here. It was really nice!
After Christmas, the stores have some excellent sales that we took advantage of. Sierra had a fashion show when returned home. As you can see, she and her brother are looking very Gap, or very Next, to be more accurate!



Sierra is back at school. Her spring semester has just begun which is strange because the worst of winter has not hit yet, from what I understand. Sierra started the semester four days late after battling a fierce ear-infection. It’s been a long time since she had one of those. Chicken pox are making the rounds at school now, but our kids have been vaccinated, so I just want to taunt the virus, ‘Nannee-nannee-boo-boo, you can’t catch us!’ I guess I shouldn’t tempt fate; I may not have complete immunity to it myself!
Speaking of weather, it has been surprisingly mild here in my opinion. We haven’t had our first snow yet, and I think we’ve seen the sun every day. (Praise God!) We heard that February and March are usually the coldest, wettest months, but, hey, at least the days are getting longer. If my math is reliable, then daylight should last two hours longer from one month to the next until summer solstice in June when I understand the sun officially sets at 9:00pm and rises at 3:00am with light visible in the sky until 10:30pm and then again after 1:30am. Ah, now that is something to look forward to!
As for me, I’m still studying Scottish history. I’m making very slow progress in that department. I just joined a book club. And on Wednesday next I get to introduce a competitive swimming squad to synchronized swimming. I can’t wait to get on the deck! These are really good swimmers, so I hope I can challenge them with some new skills. I don’t want the session to come off being too easy; the swimmers probably already think of synchronized swimming as a fluff sport (and I’m sure many of you do too! Steve still insists that I use quotation marks when referring to it as a "sport"!) Oh, and Sierra is back in the pool taking swimming lessons every Monday. She is very excited about them, so I am glad for that.
Guess that’s it for today! For those you with snow, yes, even those of you in Texas, here are some pictures to inspire your creativity. Get on those gloves and hats and go play in the snow! ☺ Have a happy day!


3 Comments:
Wow. Guess we missed out on the synchronized swimming in Mass. Didnt know of your skills.
Give Sierra our birthday greetings. Enjoy the sun!
So nice to hear from you guys. Keep up the bloggin. Happy Birthday Siearr and Steve.
Mary
Hey guys! I haven't been good about keeping up. It is hard when we don't have internet at home. Hopefully I will be better about it come June when we get it. Glad to hear you are still doing well! Keep me posted on how you are doing!
Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home