Herrings in Aberdeen

It is a far, far better thing we will try than we could ever hope to accomplish. Keeping up this blog, that is. Nevertheless, we will attempt to keep those who care informed of our Scottish existence.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Austen's B-Day

Today was Austen’s big day! He turned three! When Austen woke this morning, Daddy told him, “Austen, you’re three!” to which Austen replied, “No, I not. I almost thee.” I guess he just couldn’t believe that the day had finally arrived. I gave him a big squeeze and asked him, “How’s my birthday boy!?” He objected, “I not birt’day boy. I Austen!” Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, and Austen celebrated Austen’s big day with a pizza dinner and Spider Man cake.



Then got to open his present from Mommy and Daddy.







He added that to the other he got to choose himself earlier this week. This one comes with its own electric drill so Austen can disassemble and reassemble it – with a little help. Mind you, he keeps his drill with Daddy’s electric drill in the utility closet! (Thanks Grammy and Grampy!)



He had a fun day!

This week was relatively uneventful. Sierra had fun playing “tigger-tag” at recess each day. She’s going to be at loss over the upcoming two weeks without her classmates to play tag with! Last Saturday, we went to Hazelhead Park which sits on a hill overlooking the city. We were surprised to glimpse the ocean! Somehow, you forget that you live so close to the sea in Aberdeen!



(If you look carefully, you can see the North Sea through the trees)





Fall is upon us. Sierra just learned the following poem for school: “Down, down/Yellow and brown/The leaves are falling/All over town.” (Of course, those of you in New England must be feeling the approach of fall too. Come to think of it, will someone email us pictures of the scarecrows on Bridge Street once they’re up? What will they be this year!?) The weather is definitely getting colder. I made the mistake of wearing just a turtle neck and sweater. Never mind that the Scots were still in their shirt-sleeves! Boy, was I cold! Burr!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Dodson said...

thanks for sharing austen's bday with us...the pictures are great...wish we could be there.

we miss each one of you...tell Austen Happy Birthday from the Dodsons!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Eleanor Hutchins said...

Nice cake Lara! You always do a good job making them look good and I am sure it tasted wonderful. I don't think the scare crows are up yet, but it is defeinitley starting to get colorful.
We went to Russell's Orchard today and they are out of apples! Sad times, hope its just temperary.

Mary

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home